Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Decissions, decissions.

Home from the first day of class after a week off from spring break. I only have 4 classes left plus my field placement which I'll be doing at the hospice of Dayton. Annoying that these 4 classes are spread out of three frigging quarters..lol, but at least Im half way finished:)
Im learning a lot, and I really cant wait to get started with the mean & Potatoes" of the work, so to speak.
My only hesitation is my field placement. There is a chance that instead of hospice, I could be placed at a hospital in the AOD until, which deals with all the deaths in the in hospital, counseling families and providing crisis intervention. My hesitation is that in Hospice, I get a chance to deal with the person who is dying..to help them let go, make peace in addition to helping familes find some as well. In the hospital, I would deal with the families exclusively and from time to time also deal with unexpected death, whereas Hospice is pretty much inevitable.
Grief/Loss has always been a passion of mine, in particular how the dying deal with death and how children deal with death...Im just not sure which placement I should take..
On a lighter note:
Tomorrow I'm going to Columbus zoo with Esequiels class  field trip. He's less than thrilled tat I volenteered to be a chaperone, lol, but Im sure we'll have fun :)
Thats all for now..Im tired
Nighty Night People of the Page
xox
D

No comments:

Post a Comment