Sunday, February 27, 2011

Alice in wonderland, hospice, babies and peacocks

I work as a substitute teacher while Im in grad school. I LOVE it, but its hard to budget money when I dont know how much I'll be working. Anyway..friday I taught at Esequiel's school.
Im walking to my classroom in the morning and I hear this adult voice, "Mr. Marlow! Mr. Marlow!!"
I turn around to see what the hell the urgency was..lol..it was Mr. Harmon, the music teacher. Seems that they are putting on a musical in may of Alice in Wonderland and he had heard that I have some artistic tendencies..lol and he asked if I would draw a forest for the back drops for the enchanted forests. I love stuff like that, so this morning (sunday) along with a few other volemteers for a couple other jobs he needed, we went to the school, and I sketched out some huge trees and huge mushrooms and flowers :0 Good times! Its look really cool :) Plus the school is really old (My dad went there when we was in the 3rd grade) so it has that really "old school smell" and a HUGE old old old auditorium with those old wooden fold down seats. ( You can't tell me there aren't ghosts in that place lol)
I cant wait to see what the kids do with the production :)

Then I came home and cranked out most of my paper Im doing on the Dayton Hospice. Its a 15 page paper (though its lookin like this one's gonna be closer to 20) but its very comprehensive. Its a really awesome organization. I went there on saturday just to get some brocheures and talk to someone to get some info. *Really*  beautiful place!! complete with two huge ponds in the back with ducks and swans and large open spaces, and they provide really unique awesome services. GREAT organization! If you have ANY money at all earmarked for charities in your budget, please consider donating to your local hospice.
I'll be starting an intership there this coming fall..REALLY looking forward to that. It will be hard, Im sure. ...but I can't think of a more honorable thing I could be doing that to spend those last moments with someone and ease their anxiety, or the anxiety of their family.

Saturday, I attended my 2nd mosaic art lesson! OMG its only 2 hours a week, but I SO wish I could find time in my life for this once the class is over! lol.
I got a lot done on my project. Its a peacock made of mosaic..and it's turning out soooo amazing. I cant wait to complete it. Stained glass is my next venture, that looks like so much fun!
A friend of mine lives in Truth or Consequences New Mexico, which I hear has  HUGE art community. I would love to visit there someday:) I figure any town that is actually named after a game show HAS to be interesting to say the least :) lol

OHHH..I almost forgot! We came a tiny step closer to our surrogacy journey today! We got medical insurance for Rhea, Which was part of the agreement and will save us a bundle doing it this way. She has really good coverage and insemination is the next step :) We are all really excited! She is one of those people who loves being pregnant, so thats good! LOL
She asked me last week how I felt about her doing some pain management for the birth (epidural).
My response: Oh Honey!! There is NO reason this day and age for someone to white knuckle it through something like that..YES! Please! I wouldnt have it any other way!"
Her response: THANKS! LOL
LOL, so yea, we're on the same page with that lol
just a fair warning..when she actually gets pregnant, I'll be blogging about it A LOT!! lol, I can't wait!

ok ok , so back my hospice paper..lol Gotta finish it :)
xox

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I would most certainly hope you will be blogging about the pregnancy a lot! I am SOOOO excited for your family! Rhea sounds like an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete