Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Focus

I have talked in great detail about somethings that bother me about my family. One of teh main reasons I decided to do this blog is so I would have a spce to process my feelings. One the things I didnt take into a great deal of consideration, however, was how my words affect certain people.
Today, someone who I love very much pointed out to me that while my struggles in my nuclear family are valid, I also have some pretty great people in my corner.
Its funny that this call when it did, because I just got the DVD yesterday for VD that I have been dying to see. Its called "The Secret" and its all about visualizing what you want your life to be like.
I have a bad habit of really focusing on what I dont have, especially if I feel it is unjust and just plain wrong. As an openly gay man, I have been ready to take the world by the balls and teach my kids that they should *always* stand up for themselves. I still think thats important, but I also think that I need to spend a little bit more time giving props to those great people who have been supportive to me and my family. So..if i havent mentioned the supportive people in my life in previous emails, its not because I dont know they care, I just get caught up things that are blatantly wrong.
I do have a new goal though, to really do a personal inventory..the man in the mirror so to speak :)
xox
Thanks, you know who you are

No comments:

Post a Comment