Friday, January 28, 2011

Faith

I detest most organized religion. I do, however, think that it's important to have faith in something bigger than ourselves. It could be a god, the universe, fate, I guess it could be many things.
Myself, am a firm believer in reincarnation. I think we are all here for a reason and I also think that for a multitude of reasons we come back again and again until we learn the things that we are destined to learn.
I know that my path has crossed the paths of my children for many reasons involving all of us. Sometimes I look at Marcus (he's 5) and I swear I see an old man looking back at me through his eyes. Its strange, I can't quantify it but I feel it.
I dont pretend to have any kind of insight beyond that, I just believe what I believe.
I've always been intrigued by this notion of how old our souls really are. I still expect the world to be a fair place to some degree, i get pissed off and make a lot of noise when its not and am still impressed and amazed at the world. Ive heard that this makes me a younger soul. Older souls aprreciate the world, admire it, but arent really impressed or suprised by it because theyve been here before..lol, I dont know, but as I said, it an intruiging thought:)  I love the idea that i could be sent back again and again to figure out my obstacles. It makes more sense to me than living, choosing good or bad, then going to heaven or hell...then it's over? ...and you either spend eternity worshiping or being punished? naw, i dont buy that.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment