Monday, June 6, 2011

I think I can We think we can We know we will

It seems that my blogging, as much as I love it is the one thing that has become the hardest to keep up with. lol.
So much happens under my roof that, to the outsider it may make ones head spin..and sometimes my own, but only when I over think it. Things work so much more smoothly when I go with my gut and do what feels right.
My life is not always full of instant gratification. Its stressful, its chaotic and more times than not, I fail; by someones standards or another. Unfortunately, I tend to focus on what Im not doing right, what's not working and what needs fixing, feeding, reprimanded or mending.
Tonight my brother came by and expressed how proud he was of me and how impressed he was with what we're doing with the boys, the non profit and everything.
As I heard the words, it was like an ice cold drink of water on a dry parched day. I didnt know how to thank him for that, I still dont. but I appreciated it more than he'll ever know.
 For those of you who I have not yet informed, we have found a farm for Noahs Arc.!!! I want to SO badly, but its  A LOT of money. We are pulling out all the stops we can think of for fundraisers, grant writing, and donations. We have even contacted some celebrities to ask their support.  If you can think of ANYTHING you can do to help in your own communities for our cause , we're not too proud lol.:)
 We also rented a booth at gay pride in Columbus next week. This has the potential to be huge. Columbus pride is attended by thousands of people. We are taking a couple of the baby raccoons and a baby red fox with us, and a HUGE tub full of ice to give bottles of water to anyone who makes a donation:) We're not licensed to "sell" anything as a non profit, but offering water on a hot day in exchange for a donation is just plain smart LOL
I keep telling  myself, all we have to do is get 100 thousand people to give us ONE dollar each, and that would get us into the farm...which I just realized , I havnt told you about yet :)
So..Its 30 acres, 12 acres of that is a lake!!!, 10 acres behind that is a dense forest, the rest are open fields. The lakes  are naturally spring fed, and the house was built in 1888, and is twice as large as where we live now. Do I have to go on, or are you trying to think how you can help yet?? lol
(we have a paypal link on our website :) www.noahsarcsanctuary.org
We are busy with animal shows, and of course this farm thing..
and as I said, tonight I was reminded of how far we've come, and how now is not the time to panic, just keep pluggin along and believing in what we're doing

No comments:

Post a Comment